March 14, 2016
Import data collection (DOE IDC)
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has proposed a rule requiring importers of a variety of products and equipment to provide the agency with a certificate of admissibility for each shipment of covered products or equipment before their arrival at a U.S. port of entry. NAFEM members are encouraged to review the proposed rule and DOE’s Harmonized Tariff Schedule Codes to determine if the proposed changes would impact their products.
NAFEM’s comments to the agency about the proposed rules are included below. We will update members as new information is available.
- Issue Brief: Proposed Rule
- EERE-BT-CE-0019 NOPR – Filed December 29, 2015
- NAFEM Request – Filed January 12, 2016
- NAFEM Comments — Filed March 14, 2016
- NAFEM Comments — Filed June 15, 2016
Categorized in: Advocacy News