February 8, 2017
The following was presented by NAFEM President Kevin Fink, CFSP at the Annual Business Meeting, Feb. 8, 2017.
Briefly, I’d like to provide an update of what’s happened at NAFEM since our last meeting, and what’s ahead for 2017.
- We welcomed 564 continuing and 45 new members into NAFEM since February 2016.
- This show represents the largest display ever hosted by NAFEM and supported by all of you. It is 50,000 square feet larger than 2015, 35,000 square feet larger than any prior show. Congratulations and thank you for this phenomenal support.
- NAFEM is using 2017 as an investment year – an investment in ourselves. Following the show, we’ll deploy the Member Needs Assessment survey to all members to ensure that the programs and services your board believes are the most relevant and forward-thinking for our association are, in fact, what the programs to which you want NAFEM to dedicate its time and resources.
- Certainly, we’ll continue to advocate for safe manufacturing practices and a regulatory environment that promotes business growth.
- Once the survey is complete, we’re hitting the road in a series of Town Hall meetings to engage you in the development and planning of our programs and services.
- Our continuing relationship with the Culinary Institute of America takes a new turn as Chef Brad Barnes passes the reigns of our partnership to Chef Adam Busby, from CIA’s Greystone campus. And, 2017 brings a new opportunity to link to community colleges across the country to provide access to our members to a viable talent pool.
- Our opportunities would not exist without the support and commitment of the 300+ volunteers from our member companies who participate in committees, task forces, special ad-hoc groups, and just spring into action when we come a’callin. You make NAFEM what it is today.
This is the half-way point for my term as president. The first year has flown by and there’s still a lot to accomplish. I look forward to keeping you updated on our progress – through regularly scheduled communication, quarterly messages in NAFEM online, and through our new website – live in the NAFEM booth on the show floor tomorrow.