October 18, 2018
NAFEM has released its 2018 Size & Shape of the Industry Study, which reports NAFEM-member company 2017 sales in a variety of foodservice equipment and supplies categories.
The NAFEM 2018 Size & Shape of the Industry Study (S&S Study) is NAFEM’s ninth biennial study of the foodservice equipment and supplies market. The study reports North American foodservice equipment and supplies data for the following:
- 2017 domestic dollar sales — reported by NAFEM members
- 2017 international dollar sales (product exported or made and sold overseas for non-North American use) — reported by NAFEM members
- 2017 total dollar sales — reported by NAFEM members
- Anticipated product-category sales change for 2018 — reported by NAFEM members
- 2017 domestic dollar sales — industry estimates
- 2017 international dollar sales — industry estimates
- 2017 total dollar sales — industry estimates
- Projected total company sales change in next 24 months — reported by NAFEM members
The 2018 S&S Study also compares 2017 estimated dollar sales to 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009 and 2007 estimated dollar sales.
Tables and charts within the study include the following and more:
- Profile of Participants
- Sales derived by channel (%)
- Projected 2018 company sales
- Anticipated company sales change in next 24 months
- Product Categories — 2017 Sales and Market Share
- Product Categories — 2015 to 2017 Sales Increase
S&S Study product data tables present findings for products, starting with a row for the entire foodservice equipment and supplies markets (Total Industry — All NAFEM categories) and proceeding through the nine major NAFEM-approved product categories:
- Food Preparation Equipment
- Primary Cooking Equipment
- Refrigeration & Ice Machines
- Serving Equipment
- Smallwares, Cookware & Kitchen Tools
- Storage & Handling Equipment
- Tabletop & Servingware
- Warewashing, Janitorial & Safety Equipment
- Furnishings, Décor & Custom Fabrication
Order Your Copy
Member companies that contributed data received a free copy of NAFEM’s 2018 Size & Shape of the Industry study. If you’re a contributing member who missed it, contact us here.
Non-reporting NAFEM member companies and channel partners may purchase copies of the study now.
- Non-reporting NAFEM member company price: $995 through Dec. 31, 2018 – price after Jan. 1, 2019 $1,395
- Allied industry organization members (including channel partners – CFESA, FCSI/FCSI TA, FEDA and MAFSI): $3,795
- Public (including research houses, government agencies, investment firms, banks, suppliers, etc.), may purchase copies of the study beginning Monday, Feb. 11, 2019: $6,900
To order your copy, contact us.