Taxes, Tariffs & Trade
Taxes, Tariffs & Trade Issues
President Trump’s recent announcement and official order to implement a 25 percent tariff on steel and a 10 percent tariff on aluminum imports could have large implications on U.S. manufacturers. Read NAFEM’s position and what these tariffs mean to foodservice E&S industry here.
The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) is implementing an additional 25 percent tariff on a long list of products imported from China, including many finished goods, components and parts used by NAFEM members.
- Impact of the Steel and Aluminum Tariffs estimated
Jun. 8, 2018
- Trump administration launches steel and aluminum tariffs on EU, Canada and Mexico
May. 31, 2018
- Trump Administration to proceed with 25% tariff on Chinese imports
May. 29, 2018
- Steel/aluminum tariff exceptions announced, work to eliminate continues
May. 22, 2018
- Additional tariffs on products from China being considered
May. 22, 2018
If you’re a NAFEM member, log in to your account and visit the “Important links and documents” tab of your member portal. There you’ll find information on providing input on recent issues, as well as a member advocacy toolkit. Contact Charlie Souhrada, CFSP, vice president, regulatory & technical affairs, +1.312.821.0212 at firstname.lastname@example.org for outside inquiries related to advocacy efforts or use the Contact us form linked below.